Notice: Due to coronavirus outbreak, Service forms must be filled out online.
PC Warehouse in Freehold
Customer Service - FAQ / Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please see these commonly asked questions before filling out the contact us request. Simply click on the queston to reveal the answer.
- What is the procedure to drop off my computer or data recovery?
- 1. Click here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button found at the top right of this page.
2. Fill out the required information and get a case number
3. Bring in your computer or drive with the case number anytime during business hours. Data recovery cases can be shipped to us.
4. Pay the diagnosis fee at time of drop off and receive your receipt with the case number.
5. After diagnosis, we call you with the problem along with solutions and a cost of each solution. Once approved by you, we proceed with the work.
6. Once work is complete, we call you and let you know it is ready for pick up.
7. Come with your service receipt to claim your equipment. We will show you the problem has been resolved or data has been recovered.
8. Finally the fun part where you pay the balance and bring your computer or data back home or office.
- How long does it take to drop off the computer or drive?
- You can submit your computer repair or data recovery case online anytime here! We will have your information before you come in so you can be in and out when you drop off your case. Submitting your case online will avoids miscommunication if you have someone else drop off your case. Filling out online before coming in will take about 5 minutes.
If you do not submit your case online, It will take about 15-25 minutes since you will be filling out the same online form at our location.
Submitting your case online also gives you a discount on certain diagnostic fee. Get started by clicking here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button found at the top right corner of our website!
- How can I know where to reconnect the wires?
- If you didn't bring the computer in yet, you can take a picture of all the wires before you disconnect them so you can reference the picture later when you reconnect them.
Wires only connect in one direction so if it doesn't fit, rotate the plug and try again. Don't try to force them in. Plug in the power cords last.
If you have any questions, you can always call us.
- Do I need to make an appointment?
- No appointment is necessary. Simply click here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button found at the top right and bring in your computer or drive with the case number provided anytime during our business hours.
- Do we fix Apple computers
- Yes. We service all brands and models of personal computers including Apple. To get started, click here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button found at the top right of this page.
- Do we custom build computers
- Yes. We will assemble a custom computer built for you. Simply tell us what parts you want in your computer. If you are not computer savvy, simply tell us what you will be using the computer for and we will build it to fit your needs.
- How much does data recovery cost?
- Each case is different but here is a rough idea for a single (non-RAID) drive.
Level 1: Reformatted, Deleted Files, OS Reloaded, Hard Drive itself works - $150-$350
Level 2: System Locks Up, Freezing, Will not Boot, Hard Drive has bad sectors - $350-$800
Level 3: Clicking, Not Detected, Doesn't Spin, Mechanical Failure, Clean Room Service Required - $800-$1500
- Do we fix broken laptop screens?
- Yes. To get started, click here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button at the top right. Fill out the required information and get a case number. Bring the laptop in during our business hours with your case number. We will disassemble the laptop to get the information off the back of the screen so we can order an exact replacement. Replacement screens take about a week give or take to come in.
- How much do we charge?
- We charge a diagnosis fee at time of drop off. The diagnosis fee ranges between $35-$150 depending on the type of computer or data recovery you are dropping off. Most cases is $50 or less.
After the diagnosis is complete, we will call you and let you know how much the repair or data recovery will cost before we proceed with the work. Diagnostic fee will be applied to repair cost if fixed.
Click here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button at the top right to get started.
- Does the diagnosis fee get applied towards repair cost?
- Yes. The diagnostic fee gets applied to the repair only if the computer being serviced is being repaired. If you decide not to fix the computer, the diagnostic fee does not get applied to other products or services.
- Are we still by Workout World/Burlington
- No. As of January 3rd 2018, we are located in Chadwick Square which is just north of the intersection of US Highway 9 and Adelphia Road. The address is found at the bottom of this page.
- Why can't I submit my service case online?
- This is due to a browser extension either blocking or altering the google recaptcha function. Please allow pcwfreehold.com as a trusted website or temporary disable that extension until the online form is filled out and submitted.
- Do I need to bring a power cord with my all-in-one computer?
- Most likely yes. If there is a box in line with the power cord similar to a laptop power cord, Please bring it with you. Otherwise if it is a straight power cord without a transformer box, you don't need to bring. If you are not sure, please bring it. Speed up the drop off process by clicking here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button at the top right.
- Do I need to bring a power cord with my desktop/tower computer?
- Most likely no. If there is a box in line with the power cord similar to a laptop power cord, Please bring it with you. Otherwise if it is a straight power cord without a transformer box, you don't need to bring. If you are not sure, please bring it. Speed up the drop off process by clicking here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button at the top right.
- Do I need to bring a power cord with my laptop?
- Yes. Please bring the power cord with your laptop. Speed up the drop off process by clicking here or the yellow "Submit a Case" button at the top right.
- What are our business hours?
- Business hours are found at the bottom of our website. Any unscheduled closes such as holidays or severe weather conditions will be listed near the bottom and you will also find a red bar at the top. We keep our site up do date the best we can so you can always stop by and check the site before you come in.
- How do I activate my old version of Microsoft Office?
- Older versions of office no longer support telephone activation. Simply go to this website to complete the Microsoft Office telephone activation process.